Published Date: January 12, 2022 at 10:03AM
Today’s Round up:
- Fees on the rise: FBA removal & disposal fees are going up over 100%.
- Amazon Forum Trends: Sellers share their highs and lows. Join the discussion.
- The 8-Figure Amazon Seller Journey: The focus needed for building an 8-figure Amazon brand.
- Tribe Spotlight of the Week: See how a new seller went from $0 to $500k in 12 months.
- Free Social Tool: Social branding is more important than ever. Here’s help.
FEES ON THE RISE
Amazon announces fee changes for January 18, 2022
Ready for some major fee hikes? Thanks Jeff!! (We know, we know – he’s not even CEO anymore… but still.)
At first glance it can be hard to see just how much fees are rising.
That’s why we put together these graphs to show the fee hikes as a percentage change.
And boy, it is rough.
Removal fees see the biggest impact
The FBA removal fees have increased significantly on a percentage basis. In the past, removal fees have always been pretty affordable as it appeared Amazon was eager to free up space in the warehouses, but that seems to be changing now.
Most products are going to see a 100 – 150% increase in removal or disposal fees! (Ouch.)
Is this a ploy to get more sellers to use the FBA liquidation program from Amazon? The Amazon FBA liquidation fees are remaining the same…
Will the changes for removal and disposal order fees apply to orders placed before January 18, 2022?
From Amazon: “FBA removal and disposal fees are calculated when an order is placed, and they are charged at that rate when the shipments leave Amazon fulfillment centers. As a result, if a request is placed before January 18, 2022, but the inventory is removed or disposed on or after that date, the new FBA fees will not apply.”
Analysis: If you have inventory you know needs to be removed, place an order for it to be removed or disposed ASAP before the 18th.
More fee updates
Pretty much all FBA related fees are seeing an increase, but not as big of an increase % as removal/disposal.
Head over to the Amazing Freedom Insider Facebook group to see our charts for all fee types.
AMAZON FORUM TRENDS
😱 Shocking News: Inflation Near 40-Year High Shocks Americans. Many sellers are confused and worried about how inflation is going to impact Amazon sales. Have you seen any changes in buying behavior?
💀Keyword Nightmare: Amazon Sellers continue to struggle with SEO in their Amazon product page. Amazon’s search and ranking algorithm is always changing. Check out what other sellers are saying… (However, we have never found the forums to be the best for advice around keywords & optimization).
🚢USPS Change: Amazon Buy Shipping is charging higher prices in 2022 due to the high volume of requests. The good news is that the price they’re charging is still lower compared to retail (or so they say). Have you re-analyzed your margins to prepare for these increases?
☠️Seller Blackmail?: At least one Amazon seller allegedly received a blackmail threat. It’s not secret that seller blackmail has been around for a number of years now. Usually it shows up in the form of negative review bombing or negative review upvoting (or worse…). Have you ever run into this? Be careful working with shady services or making the wrong competitor angry…
⚠️Health Supplement Detox: Amazon recently removed thousands of health supplement products listed in their site. This is due to the new documents they required before a seller can post dietary related items. Do you sell a health supplement product? Make sure you check out the requirements…
AMAZON SELLER JOURNEY
Building an 8-figure Amazon business
Ready to build your 7-figure or 8-figure Amazon business? This week we’ll reveal how Andy Slamans & Nate Slamans were able to sell over $30,000,000 on Amazon.
A period of extreme growth
Andy and Nate went all in on building their brand on Amazon during a period of extreme growth. They hired over 30 team members in an 8 month period. They stopped looking at other product opportunities. They focused all their energy into building an 8-figure brand.
- During that time they had to navigate many important seller decisions:
- How to effectively spend $100k+ a month on PPC
- How to hire and manage teams in a high growth period
- How to delegate and become a true owner
- How to make wise choices in business and life
And now after an 18-month break from their podcast… they are back! They want to share with you the lessons they’ve learned and what is next for their Amazon journey
TRIBE SPOTLIGHT OF THE WEEK:
From $0 to $500k in 12 Months🤩
This week we are celebrating the success of Amazon Seller Tribe member Ivy.
Ivy joined the Amazon Seller Tribe in February of 2021 and made her first sale a month after joining. She ended 2021 with $500,000 in sales!
She credited her success towards the teachings and lessons she learned from Tribe.
You can check the pictures below to see how Ivy succeeded:
The best part is that the tribe isn’t the same as the other groups out there. Inside, you’ll meet all kinds of sellers who will become like a second family. You’ll also have access to more information than you can handle to explode your Amazon business.
So, If you want to experience the same success as Ivy did, you can click the link below to learn how you can join the Amazon Seller Tribe today.
AMAZING FREEDOM PODCAST SPOTLIGHT
Gaining $30M of Amazon experience.
Andy Slamans and Nate Slamans took an 18 month break from the Amazing Freedom podcast after 160+ episodes to focus on their brand…
…now they’re back with $30M of Amazon experience.
Lessons have been learned. Now they’re being shared.
- 05:53-7:03 “THE IMPORTANCE OF BUILDING & INVESTING IN YOUR TEAM FOR SUCCESS”
- 08:53-9:39 “THE TIMELESS PRINCIPLES THAT HELPED US BECOME SUCCESSFUL
- 15:19-15:46 “OUR TOP ADVICE TO SOMEONE WHO IS STARTING IN E-COMMERCE”
- 16:43 – 18:07 “THE COMMITMENT & DEDICATION YOU NEED”
- 19:39 – 20:11 “BUILDING A BUSINESS THAT HAS LONG TERM VALUE”
- 20:36 – 21:32 “BUILDING YOUR OWN BRAND AND BUSINESS IN E-COMMERCE”
- 21:36-22:43 “DELEGATING TASKS & OWNING YOUR OWN BUSINESS”
- 25:53-26:40 “HIRING HELP IN ORDER TO SCALE & GROW”
- 31:58-33:30 “THE MAIN GOAL IS MAKING WISE CHOICES”
- 37:09-38:51 “SPOTTING OPPORTUNITIES AND TRENDS AROUND YOU”
We’re making social planning easy
Have a rock solid social plan for your brand?
No? Well, don’t go out and make one from scratch. We got you covered.
Brand Power Systems by Amazing Freedom has a planning tool to help make your social media brand planning much easier.
Swipe this Power Social Tool template:
- Get clear on your brand messaging
- Solving your customers problems
- Building your community
- Building brand awareness
- Daily to-do’s for growing your social channels
If you have been looking to up your social game for your brand… now is the time! More and more brands are realizing the need for building brand awareness through social.
MEME OF THE WEEK
Invite Your Friends and Get Rewarded
Click the button below to join our referral campaign and invite your friend to win our prizes!